Essential Amino Acid Mix
Essential Amino Acid Mix is a powdered, balanced mixture of essential amino acids, including cystine and histidine, for use as a supplemental protein source.
Essential Amino Acid Mix is specially formulated for use by individuals over the age of 1 year as a protein source when essential amino acids are required rather than whole protein, peptides, or a complete mixture of amino acids in the dietary management of:
- Conditions in which a nutritionally complete formula is not suitable
- Conditions in which a modular dietary approach is needed.
- Urea cycle disorders (UCD)
- Made in a dairy protein-free facility
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners
- 200g per can
Essential Amino Acid Mix is a specially formulated medical food and should only be used under medical supervision. It's important to always contact a healthcare professional before making any changes to your child's diet.
Directions for Preparation and Use:Dosage should be determined by a healthcare professional and is dependent on the age, body weight, and medical condition of the patient. Not for parenteral use. Not suitable for use as a sole source of nutrition - must be given in conjunction with other sources of nutrition to supply the fluid and general nutrition requirements of the patient in quantities as prescribed by a clinician or dietitian.
Essential Amino Acid Mix may be taken as a drink or paste, and is best served as a chilled drink, mixed with water, fruit juices or other formulas.
- The recommended mixing concentration is 5% w/v (e.g. 5 g of powder to 100 mL of water).
- Essential Amino Acid Mix should be weighed on a scale that reads in grams.
- Make a paste of the required amount of powder with a small volume of chilled water or other liquid.
- Fill up to the desired final volume.
- The daily intake of Essential Amino Acid Mix should be divided into equal portions and distributed throughout the day.
For best results, consume immediately. Essential Amino Acid Mix may also be added to soft foods, such as applesauce.
Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, use within one month. Always replace the container lid after use. Once reconstituted, the prepared feeding should be stored in a refrigerator and must not be kept longer than 24 hours from the time of preparation. Stir or shake immediately before serving.