- Drug free, natural airway clearance
- Proven to assist mucociliary clearance
- Decreases cough frequency
- Improves breathlessness
- Increases exercise tolerance
- Aligns with hospital cost reduction and COPD management programs
- Compatible with nebulizer therapy
- Award-winning innovation
- Backed by clinical evidence
- Not Made or Manufactured with BPA, Natural Rubber Latex, Phthalates, Lead, or PVC
- Designed and manufactured in North America
The Aerobika® Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure (OPEP) device is a drug-free, easy to use, hand-held device with a proprietary pressure-oscillation dynamic that provides intermittent resistance and creates positive pressure and oscillations simultaneously. The Aerobika® OPEP device opens weak or collapsed airways to mobilize and assist mucociliary clearance to the upper airways where it can be coughed out.
Clinical evidence demonstrates that using the Aerobika® OPEP device improves the ability to bring up mucus, decreases cough frequency and breathlessness, and increases exercise tolerance resulting in a better quality of life. The Aerobika® OPEP device offers 5 resistance settings to adjust to each patient’s capacity and pairs with small volume nebulizers to reduce therapy time and improve patient compliance.
- The Aerobika® OPEP device increases the natural process within the lungs to bring up mucus. Excess mucus is linked to pulmonary infections and associated with 50% of COPD hospital admissions and higher mortality rates.
- Current drug therapies have been unable to demonstrate significant impact on mucus clearance. The Aerobika® OPEP device provides a drug-free, natural airway clearance therapy to assist mucociliary clearance and impede COPD progression.
- Pulses of resistance from the Aerobika® OPEP device open the airways while thinning and loosening mucus. The frequency range of the oscillations corresponds with the natural process of the cilia, helping move mucus to the larger airways of the lungs where it can be coughed out.
- The Aerobika® OPEP device supports hospital COPD management protocols to avoid costly readmissions and increased length of stay from acute exacerbations of COPD.
- An adjustable resistance allows the device to accommodate the lung capacity of most patients therefore you only need to stock one device.
- Easy to use, dishwasher safe device promotes transition from hospital to independent at home use.
- Resistance is not position dependent so- the device can be held in any position, leading to improved compliance.
- Winning gold at the global Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA), one of the highest honors in the medical technology industry, the Aerobika® OPEP device is recognized as a product capable of saving lives and improving patient quality of life.
- Standard 22 mm fitting accommodates small volume nebulizers, including the AeroEclipse® Breath Actuated Nebulizer (BAN)
- Low-resistance valve allows inhalation and exhalation without removing from mouth
- Lightweight, ergonomic design fits comfortably in the hand
- Designed to promote correct assembly every time
- 5 resistance settings adjust to each patient’s capacity
MEANINGFUL PATIENT IMPROVEMENTS (ROBARTS STUDY)
The Aerobika® OPEP device offers significant and clinically meaningful improvements in quality of life.
Also check out Aerobika OPEP w/ Manometer
Warehouse item: average delivery 3 weeks