Aircast Airselect Walking Cast Boot
Provide comfortable moderate support and compression with the most advanced pneumatic walking boot available. The AirSelect Standard offers superior comfort and faster healing.1,2 A sleek, durable, semi-rigid shell helps support and protect the limb, while two adjustable distal aircells provide compression; patients can easily adjust aircell pressure themselves with the integrated inflation system. The boot’s lightweight, lab-tested rocker sole encourages a natural gait and supports everyday activities; SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock.
Specifically designed for stable fractures of the lower leg, foot, and ankle; severe ankle sprains; and post–operative use.
1. "Conservative Therapy for Acute Lateral Ligament Lesions – Single Chamber vs. Two–Chamber Orthosis Systems" (Schmidt, Mainers, Reintges, Lipke, Benesch, Gerngross– Surgery Dept of the Federal Arm Hospital, Ulm, Germany, 1999) compares the effectiveness of a dual aircell orthosis vs a single aircell boot system in reducing swelling 3x faster of the injured ankle.
2. Functional outcome of surgery for fractures of the ankle. A prospective, randomised comparison of management in a cast or a functional brace. (Egol KA, Dolan R, Koval KJ) show that the use of a functional brace and early movement after surgery is beneficial for patients with ankle fracture and allows for significantly earlier return to work.
- Shell: POLYPROPYLENE
- Front Panel: High Density Polyethylene
- Straps: NYLON
- Inflation Pumps: Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Liner: NYLON/POLYURETHANE/POLYESTER (Outer/Foam/Inner mesh)
- Binding: POLYESTER
- Outer Sole/Insole: EVA/RUBBER
- Selector dial: NYLON
||SHOE SIZE MEN||SHOE SIZE WOMEN|
|XS||Up to 4||Up to 5|
|S||4 - 7||5 - 8|
|M||7 - 10||8 - 11|
|L||10 - 13||11 - 15|