Liquid Hope Meal Replacement
Liquid Hope is the worlds first shelf stable organic whole foods feeding tube formula and oral meal replacement. Each ingredient in Liquid Hope has been carefully chosen for its potential to promote health and vitality and its ability to support the body’s natural immune system
- Nutritionally dense, real food, whole food meal replacement and enteral formula.
- Perfect for anyone who may be looking to increase daily nutrition.
- This product is plant-based and dairy free, gluten free, non-GMO and packaged in a BPA free pouch.
- Shelf stable with a two year shelf life.
- 355ml per pack
- Packaging: 24 packs per case
There are a few things we want to make sure you remember when using Liquid Hope as a feeding tube formula.
- For new users: Be mindful, if someone has been on commercial formulas for a while, please switch over slowly. Our formula is real food (imagine that!), and it will take your digestive system a bit of time to re-adjust. We suggest replacing one meal per day with Liquid Hope until the transition is complete. If you don’t follow this transition plan, you may experience a bit of gas due to the high fiber content.
- Liquid Hope has a 12-hour ambient room temperature hang time: Functional Formularies recently tested Liquid Hope for microbial activity and there was zero microbial activity after a 12-hour hang time test (conducted at room temperature). This is a three-fold increase in the hang time that was last tested (four hrs.). The increase is simply a function of the company carrying out an extended duration microbial test and is not the result of any changes to the formula.
- Shake well before opening.
- Nutritionally complete meal replacement: Liquid Hope can be served as is.
- Two-year shelf life: The unopened formula can be stored for up to two years at ambient temperatures. Do not store in a hot place.
- If storing after being opened, place Liquid Hope in a covered container and hold refrigerated for up to 48 hours but no longer.
- Types of tubes: The formula is pretty thin and does not require straining. It should have no problem flowing through gastrostomy tubes. If using gastrojejunostomy and jejunostomy systems, some dilution may be required, please check with your healthcare provider.
- If you’re using a smaller tube and need the formula thinner, place the unopened pouch under running hot water for about three minutes which will thin considerably. Do not place pouch in microwave. Remember, if cool at all, even in an air-conditioned room, Liquid Hope will thicken and become more viscous since it is real food. Also, you may add a bit of liquid in order to achieve desired consistency.
- Not for parenteral intravenous feeding.
- Allergens: Liquid hope is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free product, we strive to produce a low-allergy enteral formula. This product does contain almonds. Although gluten-free, Liquid Hope is produced in a facility that uses gluten in other products.
- Our single serving bag is 12 oz. (341 g.).
Bought this to take orally for extra nourishment during cancer treatments. Hard to take orally due to its unappetizing taste. Have tried to disguise it by adding other ingredients (e.g. cinnamon, lemon juice, tomato sauce). It is tolerable when mixed with a smoothie or vanilla protein powder. Suggestion - research and identify additional ingredients to improve taste for those who are taking it orally.
I’m glad that Capital Medical continues to stock this very high-quality enteral food. My husband, who has MND, is doing all-around better since he has transitioned to this diet. I wish the price could be held at $325, however, as $385 for a case is punishingly expensive.
Best enteral feed I could find on the net.